The Land of Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The next evening...

+8
Terhon the BlackSilver
Marcabru
Rowanna
Mirzan
Soraya
Prince
Sihlus
Naitachel
12 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The next evening... - Page 3 Empty Re: The next evening...

Post  Mirzan Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:52 am

Mirzan and Rowanna arrived to the common room in time to hear the General explain about the local werewolf pack. The mercenary arched a brow worriedly at his mate, and gestured for her to find a seat. "Go on and get comfortable. I'll ask Nopalo for some tea and something mild for the stomach for you. We really have to get you over this illness. Staying sick like this isn't good, and how do you expect to help others in this kind of shape?" He smiled gently and gave her a peck on the forehead. "And I know you won't hold back from doing that for long. But I just want you better first so I won't be worrying holes in Nip's harness every time you do."
Mirzan
Mirzan

Back to top Go down

Post  Soraya Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:47 pm

Marcabru wrote:
Pulling a cigar from his bag, the troubadour conjured a small flame at the tip of his finger to light it, drawing in the smoke with obvious enjoyment. "Speaking of safety, we earlier heard what appeared to be a chorus of wolf-songs, but with a rather darker, eldritch tone than one might expect. Have you gentlemen any information concerning the possibility of werewolves in the area?"

Eddard nodded at the group thoughtfully. "There are several of you able to defend yourselves, then?" he questioned, for a moment allowing his military role overrule his hunter one. "Obviously we always welcome the help, though make sure that you don't take on more than you can handle. It helps no one if you become vigilantes that cause more trouble than you solve or if you get in over your heads and we have to come rescue you."

The young man sat back and waved his hand, as close to an apology one might ever receive from Eddard. "Of course, if you are used to the ways of the road, I am sure that will not be a worry."

Naitachel wrote:
Naitachel fought the urge to roll his eyes at Eddard, and sighed, smiling tolerantly. "Miss Soraya and Master Marcabru are right in that--I am most definitely male last I checked, Lord Eddard. But as she also said, regardless our origins and wandering we have arrived at a wonderful place, and I suspect we may be staying. Master Nopalo has been most welcoming, and is known to several of our companions such as Master Marcabru here and Master Sihlus... and I think Lady Rowanna and Master Mirzan as well? In any case, given good company, good food, and kindly host, how can one go wrong?"

But the Seraph stiffened and glanced into the distance to something he heard, a telepathic cry of loss and pain, the mourning of someone's death. His smile faltered in the face of that sadness, and he clenched his hands together in his lap.

"Is there... someone who lives out in that direction?" he asked Eddard and the General curiously, feeling sympathy for such a sad loss.

Naitachel's words seemed to truly startle Eddard, as though he heard them genuinely for the first time. "Male?" he asked, bending closer to the seraph to inspect him more closely. "Truly? I find that rather difficult to believe. You actually remind me much of a maid I once..." He seemed to catch himself, and straightened, though he continued frowning at the object of scrutiny. "Well, I must admit, you are the prettiest male I have ever seen."

Eddard's eyebrow raised as Naitachel as he questioned about inhabitants of the area, but the General cut in before he could answer.

General wrote:
The General listened as well to the distant howls, and gave Marcabru a wry but confident smile. "We haven't had to consider the possibilities, Master Bard. The Nightwind Pack is a known fact in the area. They're generally well-behaved but a bit riled up lately, having been at odds with the local vampire clan, the House of Dragon, or Sarkani as they call themselves. A recent fight's dealt some heavy blows on both sides, so they'll be licking their wounds a while. No need to fret, though--we're keeping things safe. That's why I, Lord General Haymar Sartoshi, happen to be patrolling more of late with my men and Lord Eddard here. We intend to keep the peace regardless how that feud turns out."

Sliding carefully into a sturdy chair, Haymar leaned over to smile at Soraya and Naitachel, and patted a hand on Eddard's shoulder proudly. "Ed here's taken down a werewolf before, my dears. They bleed like anything else."

His gaze followed Naitachel's look, and the General frowned thoughtfully. "That's Baron Victor FitzPatrick's area, if you're thinking over the next hill. He's a quiet man, normally. Have you met him, by chance?"

Ed did smile at the General's obvious praise, his focus having apparently shifted mainly to Soraya now that he had been informed of Naitachel's gender, as hard as it was to believe. He looked at her proudly, as though expecting she swoon over his feat, though obviously talk was more directed at other things. "Indeed, they do. I'll have to tell you about it, sometime, dear Soraya," he promised. "I'm sure you'll find the tale scintillating."

Soraya
Soraya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soraya Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:12 am

Eddard wrote:Ed did smile at the General's obvious praise, his focus having apparently shifted mainly to Soraya now that he had been informed of Naitachel's gender, as hard as it was to believe. He looked at her proudly, as though expecting she swoon over his feat, though obviously talk was more directed at other things. "Indeed, they do. I'll have to tell you about it, sometime, dear Soraya," he promised. "I'm sure you'll find the tale scintillating."

Still not quite wanting to insult the man, Soraya felt she couldn't outright rebuff his advances. "Erm, perhaps," was the best non-committal answer she could manage. "Though I am sure the entire group would enjoy hearing your tales, not simply myself. Perhaps even those of us not present," she emphasized, hoping he would understand her cues and not try to call on her while she was alone. "There are several from among our group who are not in the common room at the moment."

Still, the shudder that went down her spine wasn't entirely caused by Eddard's attention. The companions of which she spoke, the vampires, were still out there with these werewolves in question, and she wasn't sure where the rest of the group was beyond that.

General wrote:His gaze followed Naitachel's look, and the General frowned thoughtfully. "That's Baron Victor FitzPatrick's area, if you're thinking over the next hill. He's a quiet man, normally. Have you met him, by chance?"

"No, we have not," Soraya answered quickly. "He is involved in this fight you mentioned, then?" she asked the General. "Forgive my asking, but what exactly is this fight about?" she queried further. She knew it could be overstepping the boundaries of what she should ask, but knowing what the conflict was about might allow them to avoid becoming involved inadvertently.
Soraya
Soraya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikki Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:57 pm

Shayori's movement alerted Mikki to her awaking. She was, admittedly, getting bored, sitting here watching Shayori sleep. She'd gotten her own rest and enough water to tithe her over, though she would need to find a running stream or river before too long, and she had awoken several hours previously. Still, the redhead slept and her two companions hadn't made any attempts at an approach, which pleased Mikki; her tactics were apparently working. Still, it also left her without any amusement, which was why she was quick to pounce onto Shayori's shoulder when the human made to go downstairs and join others.

She sat on Shayori's shoulder with a happy chirp, draping some of Shay's flame-red hair over herself for some measure of cover. It was, after all, easier to create mischief when one could hide.
Mikki
Mikki

Back to top Go down

Post  Prince Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:13 pm

Naitachel wrote:Baron Victor stood, smiling in relief, and bowed deeply to Radu and the others. "Thank you, my Prince. I will go spread the wo--"

But he broke off as a mental cry of pain and anguish filled the air in the distance, from the direction of his own manor. The pain was male... the loss, a fading wisp of a female mind... both also vampires. They were stronger telepathically than Victor.

"No... Eva?" he breathed in horror and pain. "My... my Eva..." <Attila?> Victor tried to call, but the distance was too great for him to reach the other vampire. "Eva, one of my House, had been hurt during the battle yesterday--we weren't sure if she'd been bit by Elyas or someone else and she wasn't able to tell us then. We brought her home, and Attila was caring for her... My Eva, my adopted fledgling..." he mourned, staring in the direction of his manor.

"Lisa, Jina, see to the Baron, the rest with me..." Radu answered, heading of in the direction Victor indicated.

"Had you no wolfsbane to treat her with?" Jina asked the baron as she made to take him to the Inn to be tended. "Did none among you know how to prevent this?"
Prince
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post  Shayori Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:51 pm

Mikki wrote:Shayori's movement alerted Mikki to her awaking. She was, admittedly, getting bored, sitting here watching Shayori sleep. She'd gotten her own rest and enough water to tithe her over, though she would need to find a running stream or river before too long, and she had awoken several hours previously. Still, the redhead slept and her two companions hadn't made any attempts at an approach, which pleased Mikki; her tactics were apparently working. Still, it also left her without any amusement, which was why she was quick to pounce onto Shayori's shoulder when the human made to go downstairs and join others.

She sat on Shayori's shoulder with a happy chirp, draping some of Shay's flame-red hair over herself for some measure of cover. It was, after all, easier to create mischief when one could hide.

Shayori smiled softly at Tehron's reply, thinking <I'll be waiting for you in the common area. Come right in to me.>

She wasn't sure what he might be bringing, though her smile broadened thinking of some of the things he'd brought to her from the battlefield. As long as it wasn't skunk, she supposed she could manage to stomach it. She paused then, confused. That wasn't right, was it? She'd never been on a battlefield with him...

She reached up and stroked Mikki's hand with her little finger, gently, suddenly glad to have someone right there with her. It was frightening to feel as if your mind was not your own...
Shayori
Shayori
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rowanna Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:04 pm

Naitachel wrote: The General listened as well to the distant howls, and gave Marcabru a wry but confident smile. "We haven't had to consider the possibilities, Master Bard. The Nightwind Pack is a known fact in the area. They're generally well-behaved but a bit riled up lately, having been at odds with the local vampire clan, the House of Dragon, or Sarkani as they call themselves. A recent fight's dealt some heavy blows on both sides, so they'll be licking their wounds a while. No need to fret, though--we're keeping things safe. That's why I, Lord General Haymar Sartoshi, happen to be patrolling more of late with my men and Lord Eddard here. We intend to keep the peace regardless how that feud turns out."

Sliding carefully into a sturdy chair, Haymar leaned over to smile at Soraya and Naitachel, and patted a hand on Eddard's shoulder proudly. "Ed here's taken down a werewolf before, my dears. They bleed like anything else."

Mirzan wrote:Mirzan and Rowanna arrived to the common room in time to hear the General explain about the local werewolf pack.

Rowanna looked down her emerald eyes flashing even as she fought the rising anger and shame as she listened to the General expound upon the killing of werewolves. And why shouldn't he, she though? They are monsters after all, and those who would be heroes slay monsters.

Mirzan wrote:The mercenary arched a brow worriedly at his mate, and gestured for her to find a seat. "Go on and get comfortable. I'll ask Nopalo for some tea and something mild for the stomach for you. We really have to get you over this illness. Staying sick like this isn't good, and how do you expect to help others in this kind of shape?" He smiled gently and gave her a peck on the forehead. "And I know you won't hold back from doing that for long. But I just want you better first so I won't be worrying holes in Nip's harness every time you do."

She forced a smile upon her lips, sitting herself as directed and nodding. Another howl echoed through the woods and she found herself rising in response, a shudder running again through her thin frame.
Rowanna
Rowanna
Admin

https://thelandofdragons.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Naitachel Fri May 11, 2012 4:20 am

Naitachel pulled back, a bit uneasy with Eddard's proximity and scrutiny. "Ah... yes, definitely male, and... ah... thank you."

Still, he was much relieved when attention shifted away from him and to other areas, though Soraya didn't seem so happy to have it predominantly focus on her. Lord Eddard was very much one for the ladies, from the looks of it. The General, however, was giving off an interested vibe that Nait was not so happy to feel, and he caught a glimpse of the man's eyes shifting his way now and then. So perhaps one took after the other. Hoping for the best, the Seraph pretended not to notice. Perhaps the man might lose interest if he did not react. For any, the fun of mating was in the chase as much as the prize, so if there was no chase, they lost interest. At least Nait hoped it would apply here.

The Seraph felt saddened as he heard about their killing of a werewolf in the area by these two. "Indeed, as Miss Soraya asked, what is this feud over?"

Mirzan frowned and put an arm about Rowanna's shoulders, drawing her back to sitting. He didn't like haring these wolves howling, and wished they'd be quiet for now. There was no way he was going to let her wander off, though. She wasn't herself--she was sick, and it worried him. She should have been better by now. But he wondered if Snap should watch her during the night, lest she wander off with werewolves here. She was in no shape to meet them, in his opinion.

"Ignore them. And this lot. People are people. Even birds peck the odd one to death," the mercenary grumbled. He kissed Rowanna's hair gently again. "Remember who is with you. Nopalo isn't of that ilk, nor our friends here. Just relax and eat something. We traveled a ways, so we need to recover."

The General sighed and spread his hands helplessly. "New leadership, or so I gather. The vampires aren't so wild about the werewolf and his buddies who recently took over the old pack. They immediately decided to do something about it. Of course, the werewolves retaliated as they obey their new lord. Old Prince Arpad normally doesn't jump to conclusions, so you kind of wonder why he made such a sudden move as to declare war on sight on Lord Elyas. But that's how it stands. A wolf here or there needs to be culled when they go for a human being, though, something their previous lord didn't tolerate. Typically the vampires and werewolves around here only dine on wild game or farm animals. Maybe that's what ticked the old bloodsucker off. No matter--we'll defend you all from them both."

Haymar's eyes flicked to Naitachel and he smirked, winking.

"Hold, please!" Victor called after Radu and the others. He turned to Jina and shook his head firmly, grimacing. "That works against regular werewolves. Elyas is a demon-dog-were. If he bites--you are either his, or you ask for death. If Eva lies dying..." His voice shook with pain. "...It is asked for... Just like our Prince..."

The injured vampire waved away Jina and Lisa's attempts to help him. He was healing already since he had just fed. Sorrow hurt more than his wounds, anyway. But he had to head home. To see her...

"I need to go back. To... to see to Eva's..." Baron Victor broke off, choking on the pain. "Attila probably knew... and waited until I was out, to spare me the pain of doing it myself. But I must go back. I'm healing well enough now that I've fed."
Naitachel
Naitachel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Prince Fri May 11, 2012 10:12 pm

"Even so, Lord. Let us come with you," Jina offered. "I should be greatly distressed should further harm befall you and yours this night."

"What weaknesses?" Radu asked, gesturing for his kin to take protective positions around Victor. "We've a debt to pay to Master Nopalo, that includes clearing these woods of the threat this Lord Elyas represents."

Rowanna nodded reluctantly, leaning into Mirzan's embrace and sipping the tea he'd brought to her. She nibbled unenthusiastically at the toast before her and tried to ignore the offending newcomers around her. Mirzan was right, of course. She'd seen enough supposedly good people turn on others for no crime other than that of being different. It was no surprise, then, to find them here. The only surprise was finding them welcomed so warmly here.
Prince
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post  Soraya Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:41 pm

Naitachel wrote: The General sighed and spread his hands helplessly. "New leadership, or so I gather. The vampires aren't so wild about the werewolf and his buddies who recently took over the old pack. They immediately decided to do something about it. Of course, the werewolves retaliated as they obey their new lord. Old Prince Arpad normally doesn't jump to conclusions, so you kind of wonder why he made such a sudden move as to declare war on sight on Lord Elyas. But that's how it stands. A wolf here or there needs to be culled when they go for a human being, though, something their previous lord didn't tolerate. Typically the vampires and werewolves around here only dine on wild game or farm animals. Maybe that's what ticked the old bloodsucker off. No matter--we'll defend you all from them both."

Haymar's eyes flicked to Naitachel and he smirked, winking.

New leadership? It sounded as though there was more behind it than that, as what Soraya knew of vampires suggested that they didn't act without reason.

"There must be something in particular they dislike about this... Lord Elyas?" she said to no one in particular, though clearly none would have the answer to that, given what the General had just told them.

Soraya stood and absently moved to the window to peer out, though obviously that was an exercise in futility - even with the bit of light the moon offered, there was nothing to see; whatever was happening, it was too far away for her to see anything.

She shook her head as the vision of the old cabin threatened to return and made her way back to the table. "I do hope things settle quickly." She feared, after all, that some of their own, both vampire and werewolf, may get pulled in to the situation. She hated the thought that any of her newfound friends would get hurt because of something they hadn't even started. And yet she knew that if there was some measure of justice to be exacted or innocents to protect, her vampire and his family would undoubtedly become involved. Meaning she would likely involve herself as well; for what little she could do, she would still have to try to help.

"It sounds as if it could get rather messy," she sighed.
Soraya
Soraya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rowanna Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:46 pm

The next howl elicited a low, almost inaudible growl from Rowanna as her eyes shifted from their natural bright emerald green to the oddly glowing green they became when she was in wolf form. She shivered, struggling against near panic as her body fought against her, her senses growing keener, her muscles beginning to tighten, each insisting that she answer the call. It was like being newly cursed all over again, the moon dictating her humanity.

No, please, she thought, her breath quickening as she focused all of her attention and energy on remaining herself.

She could hear Brayswelt whispering calm reassurances at her hip. Setting the toast aside, she grasped his hilt with one hand, holding onto Mirzan with the other, trying to focus completely on them instead of the persistent demanding of the howls outside. She felt her body relax into Mirzan's embrace and slowed her breathing. She kept her eyes downcast, hiding the faint iridescence from the newcomers. She could do this. So long as she remained calm, she could also remain Rowanna. At least, that's what she hoped.
Rowanna
Rowanna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Naitachel Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:31 am

The General chuckled and spread his hands, edging his seat closer to Naitachel. "Yes, well, messy it has been, you might say. A few deaths to either side. Our main goal is to keep humans and locals in particular safe from it. Their disagreement is between them. Personally, neither I nor the King care who leads the Pack or the Family, so long as peace is kept. Now Lord Elyas is hardly a... personable guy. He's arrogant and rude and full of himself, and knows what power he holds by ruling the Pack. But the vampire family was hardy less arrogant or powerful, so if they butt heads I'm not surprised."

Reaching out to pat the Seraph's hand, he flashed Soraya a mischievous smirk. "I hope it settles quickly, too, but until then we will keep everyone safe."

Naitachel pulled his hand away quickly and debated leaving his stool for the safety of greater distance from the General. "Peace would be a wonderful thing," he murmured, brow furrowing at the sound of another distant howl.

The whole room was feeling most unsettled, so the Seraph sought to do what he could. It was safe enough to try, their more Shadowed friends being in the distance right now, except for Rowanna who was a safe enough distance across the room. He could only hope the vampires were safe and that no confrontation might occur tonight. The soft-hearted angelic didn't want anyone hurt. But here, at least he might be of use. Gathering together his energy which had recovered with a good long mediation, Naitachel took a deep breath, closed his eyes, wings and tail stiffening as he pushed it out... and sent a soothing wave of energy through the inn's main room. With luck it might help.

Mirzan frowned at the sound of another howl, and simply held Rowanna close, kissing her forehead. He could guess it was alluring to her wolf nature, especially as she hadn't indulged that in a while. He didn't appreciate them making noise, though. What would they do if they met her? Especially with her being new here, and weak at that? "If you think I'll let you go, you're not thinking straight," he told her with a wry smirk. "You're not eating well yet, and you haven't for a while, so you've got to recover your strength before you consider visiting anyone--or entertaining visitors other than me."

Terhon ghosted up to the front entrance-way with a good half dozen gamebirds in talon, only to pause with his own frown. He felt Naitachel's pure energy flare and kept back, not wanting to enter that kind of influence. It wasn't so healthy for him. <Is all well?> he asked Shayori, wondering what or who was causing the kind of ruckus that the Seraph thought to calm. The howls hadn't bothered himself in the least, after all.

Victor nodded reluctantly. "Very well, Ladies." He bowed slightly to them then straightened to go with them towards his home manor. But Radu's query made him pause. "I don't need to uproot you all, my Prince. In a group, even small, not even Elyas' men would attack us right now. They have enough of their own wounded. My injuries are but a stray fool who went home with tail between his legs for his trouble. Elyas and his ilk are just a stronger version of your typical were, only more vulnerable to holy items than your usual were--blessed blades and holy water are best on him, silver and wolfsbane and fire as well. Decapitation or dismemberment with such weaponry are likely one's best bet to kill him, unlike other weres--I do not think one should chance anything less with such a horrible creature. His bite makes his victims become like himself with the next full moon, but under his authority, and has no known cure except perhaps intense blessing or exorcism or some powerful holy rituals. At least his claws make victims normal werewolves who can still be saved with wolfsbane if they survive the dose before the next moon. He's faster, stronger, and more enduring than most the werewolf kind due to his demonic nature. So far, luckily his pack has only poached the occasional beast on Nopalo's land so far, as our war as scared such far from our own."

Bowing again to Radu, he smiled sadly. "I had best go. I am not the fastest of our kind, but I promise hospitality to those who come with me. We will be trapped at my manor as there won't be time to return before daylight. I do apologize for the inconvenience, and I understand if you wish to stay. Nopalo's is a bit more luxurious and with a better spread. But if you wish, I may visit here another night to answer other questions. Nopalo's is neutral territory, as his Inn has power beyond what either side can comprehend, something far older and stronger. Elyas may test that eventually, but not outright yet, and not without caution."

Last edited by Naitachel on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Naitachel
Naitachel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Prince Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:05 am

"Understood. The ladies shall accompany you tonight and assist you as they may. I assure you they are skilled with the weapons they carry should they be needed. Pray allow them to help you as they may. We who remain shall finish clearing the woods for the night and meet again on the morrow." Jina nudged Lisa, taking her weapon in hand and making ready to see Lord Victor home as their uncle spoke. Radu nodded his approval to them before turning his attention back to Lord Victor. Quietly, he added, "We grieve with you, Lord. If there is anything I or my house can do for you, you need but ask."

He and his own fanned out, making their way through the woods, back toward Nopalo's. They moved soundlessly, blending into the shadows, weapons at the ready. They reach the inn with two deer and three poachers. Matthias ushered one poacher, Min and Vlad the others as Radu carried the deer back for use in Nopalo's kitchen.

Spying Tehron waiting outside the inn, Min asked, holding fast to the still squirming man in his grasp, "Will you not venture within, friend shadow?"

"Hold, Min," Vlad warned his brother as Radu asked Naitachel, <Is something amiss?>

<It is well enough,> thought Shayori, knowing Tehron would hear her. <I believe the combined slipperiness of the General and his man just finally got to our angelic friend.>

She waited patiently, knowing it might take a moment for Tehron to enter.

"I've no desire to visit with any other," Rowanna told Mirzan, her softly accented voice sounding distant even in her own ears. The howling continued, though it seemed to come from farther away now. Some part of her seemed to move away with it. Still, her body relaxed within his arms, her senses turning back to woman from the wolf, her eyes losing their strange iridescence in the face of Mirzan's ministrations. She sipped her tea and sighed, surprised to find herself so very tired.
Prince
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post  Soraya Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:01 pm

Lisa wasted no time yielding her own weapon. No one would get past herself or Jina this night, and Victor would be safely seen back to his own so that they could mourn as his family should be allowed.

"You shall not be harmed this night, or any night while under my family's protection," she vowed angrily.

-----

The mood in the room seemed to lightened, which was a relief to Soraya; she had felt a headache developing from this tension, not to mention the discomfort of this Lord Beightol's sudden attention.

She glanced at Naitachel uncertainly though she strove to keep her distance from the group in the hopes of also keeping her distance from the man in question. "We greatly appreciate your efforts to keep us safe," she smiled at the General, feeling rather awkward. She didn't want to be the one to stir up further trouble by pointing out that this entire situation would likely be resolved not by the military men, but by members of the supernatural community themselves, meaning the Princes themselves. She doubted there was much that they didn't resolve once they became involved.

Even if she had meant to voice that opinion, she wouldn't have had the chance, as Eddard spoke up first.

"It's always good to hear how grateful you are for our hard work in keeping the peace. I'm sure you'll find a way to show us exactly how grateful you are, in due time," he laughed, sidling up beside the redhead and placing a hand against the small of her back.

Soraya looked at the man blankly a moment. She knew she should have been extremely offended by this comment, though her retort felt dulled somehow, as though whatever had happened to the mood in the room was affecting her reaction.

"A gift basket, perhaps, or a bottle of wine," she finally suggested in answer.

Eddard roared with laughter at that. Perhaps she wasn't as shy as he'd initially surmised. "Oh, I had something a bit... different in mind," he guffawed, winking at her and patting her back gently.

Soraya sighed, still not as bothered as she knew she should be, though admittedly still somewhat irritated. "Perhaps you should go see to your rooms," she suggested. "I am certain that after such a long day you are exhausted."

"Indeed," Eddard agreed, "though I generally enjoy a little recreation before bed. To unwind, you understand."

The man really never gave up, did he?

Soraya
Soraya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Naitachel Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:06 am

<The local Lord General has arrived but his company is a bit... over-friendly is all,> Naitachel told Radu delicately.

"In that case, Lord Eddard, perhaps Mr. Nopalo has some wood you might chop," the Seraph suggested with innocent-seeming cheerfulness. He doubted the suggestion might work, but he could always try playing to the man's pride. "What a wonderful way to expend excess energy and help keep the rest of us all warm and toasty this evening! And I have been told it is a great way to train with a blade. Surely you have done so numerous times before?"

Content Rowanna's crisis was averted, Mirzan eyed Eddard's approach to Soraya with a slight grimace, jaw set. He thought he could see trouble about to come from this. But before he could even open his mouth...

Terhon's cowl turned to Min and the Mara arched a brow at him. "Is that dinner?" his low voice rumbled ominously, ringing in the night air. But he didn't wait for a reply, doubting any forthcoming affirmative regarding himself (the vamps were another matter and he wasn't the least concerned about if they intended to feed on their captive poachers or not--it was the poachers' own fault for doing stuff they shouldn't). Besides, he was still carrying the birds he'd slain and he'd fed well, for now.

Before Nopalo could consider censoring his guests or anyone inside take offense at Eddard's persistence, Terhon glided into the common room like a foul wind. The air immediately chilled. His menacing aura was not being dampened, not this night and not with unruly humans around. He wasn't in a mood to bother. Clawed feet didn't touch the floor, so his entrance was silent except for the door that admitted him. His concealing dark robes rippled with an intangible wind, a sign of irritation to those who knew Mara. He turned his cowled head to glare at Eddard and the General warningly, a look that made the latter put a hand to his sword's hilt and straighten, tensing warily in return.

<If he touches you, I will take his arm off,> he told Shayori in a quiet grumble. He considered such a move akin to shoving one's hand into a hornet's nest and rummaging around--asking for trouble. The Mara didn't bother to offer his warning out loud for the rather amorous. After all, who'd tell an adult not to mess with hornets? It was obvious enough, right?

If not, wasn't his glare helpful enough in that regard?

The General chuckled at Eddard's verbal sparing with Soraya. He had to admit it was amusing to follow. Meanwhile he simply edged closer to Naitachel, knowing a wary target when he saw one. But the arrival of a tall, dark cloaked and menacing figure, his hand went to his blade and he tensed, ready to stand and defend. Yet he noticed the mercenary across the room didn't seem overly alarmed by this arrival, and the target of his intentions, Naitachel, actually nodded to it in simple and familiar greeting. So he hesitated, frowning a bit, confused. Was this another of this new party of guests at Nopalo's?

"A friend of yours?" he murmured to Naitachel and Soraya, curious.

"Oh, that is Terhon," Naitachel informed him happily.

Last edited by Naitachel on Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Naitachel
Naitachel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rowanna Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:26 am

Rowanna actually smiled at Tehron's entrance, pleased to see the offensive guests made as uncomfortable, if only for a moment, as they'd made her and the others.

"Welcome back," Shayori greeted Tehron with a bright smile of her own. She bit back a comment in reply to Tehron's warning, but nodded slightly, indicating he absolutely had her leave to do as he would to these nuisances.

The vampires entered in Tehron's wake, moving to present both game and poachers to the proprietor before joining the others. Vlad stepped to Soraya's side, placing an arm around her shoulders as he fixed a cool glare at the man whose hand dared touched her person. Radu moved to Naitachel's side as well, while Min went to flirt with the barmaid.

"I trust we haven't missed overmuch?" Min asked, scanning the room with a smile.
Rowanna
Rowanna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soraya Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:21 pm

Suddenly, the lightness in the air seemed to lift, and Soraya felt the full force of her indignation. Her brow furrowed, her lips pouted, and she opened her mouth to create a scathing remark in Eddard's direction, though before she could, now it was a chill that entered the room. She felt that much, though it took her a few moments to realize it was due to Terhon's appearance in the room.

Naitachel wrote:

The General chuckled at Eddard's verbal sparing with Soraya. He had to admit it was amusing to follow. Meanwhile he simply edged closer to Naitachel, knowing a wary target when he saw one. But the arrival of a tall, dark cloaked and menacing figure, his hand went to his blade and he tensed, ready to stand and defend. Yet he noticed the mercenary across the room didn't seem overly alarmed by this arrival, and the target of his intentions, Naitachel, actually nodded to it in simple and familiar greeting. So he hesitated, frowning a bit, confused. Was this another of this new party of guests at Nopalo's?

"A friend of yours?" he murmured to Naitachel and Soraya, curious.

"Oh, that is Terhon," Naitachel informed him happily.

"Indeed, there are several more of us," the redhead agreed quickly with the seraph.

And not far behind Terhon was Vlad, who was just as quickly standing next to her, arm around her shoulders.

She glanced up at her vampire, willing her suddenly rising body temperature to still itself. She was safe now.

Eddard, unfortunately, didn't seem all that perturbed by the vampire's appearance, though he did thankfully take a few steps away from the two. Just enough for the young Lord to appraise Vlad at his full height.

"Good evening!" he greeted boisterously. "I am Lord Eddard Aldrich Beightol. You must be those who would protect this captivating group." He grinned widely, hand resting lazily on the hilt of his sword, which hung at his waist. His stance, oft-practiced in the looking glass, gave him what he thought of as a good balance of relaxed and intimidation. It let others know he was not to be crossed while not coming off as too threatening, either. He was silently proud of how easily he struck that balance.

Soraya managed to cover her groan of exasperation by pretending to cough. She leaned in to Vlad, hoping to make the message all that much clearer, before gesturing to her companion.

"This is Vlad Prince," she introduced. "And that is Radu Prince," she further gestured, hoping to provide Naitachel with some of the same measure of cover she herself had received due to Vlad's arrival. This General was certainly more subtle than Eddard, but she still didn't trust him.

She then wrinkled her nose, thinking back to the noises they had heard outside earlier. Much more quietly, she looked up at Vlad again, and queried, "Is all well?"
Soraya
Soraya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Prince Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:00 pm

Soraya wrote: "Good evening!" he greeted boisterously. "I am Lord Eddard Aldrich Beightol. You must be those who would protect this captivating group." He grinned widely, hand resting lazily on the hilt of his sword, which hung at his waist. His stance, oft-practiced in the looking glass, gave him what he thought of as a good balance of relaxed and intimidation. It let others know he was not to be crossed while not coming off as too threatening, either. He was silently proud of how easily he struck that balance.

Soraya managed to cover her groan of exasperation by pretending to cough. She leaned in to Vlad, hoping to make the message all that much clearer, before gesturing to her companion.

"This is Vlad Prince," she introduced. "And that is Radu Prince," she further gestured, hoping to provide Naitachel with some of the same measure of cover she herself had received due to Vlad's arrival. This General was certainly more subtle than Eddard, but she still didn't trust him.

She then wrinkled her nose, thinking back to the noises they had heard outside earlier. Much more quietly, she looked up at Vlad again, and queried, "Is all well?"

Vlad noted Eddard's attempt at impressing them and quirked a brow in amusement, finding that he wasn't nearly as impressed as the man seemed to be. He was only mildly surprised in Soraya's reaction, supposing that this one likely had been making such attempts all night, but drew his arm tighter around her, keeping her close to him, thus distant from the offensive man. "Well enough. I seems there are some issues to be dealt with, but none that can be completely sorted in one night," he replied to her, hoping to reassure her yet finding himself unable to answer falsely to do so.

Radu removed his cloak, having no desire to offend Naitachel with the scent of the deer he'd carried in. He moved close to Naitachel's side then, nodding in response to his introduction. <Pray, what have we missed?> he asked, somewhat concerned by the apparent unease of his companions, most notably Soraya.

Min, finding himself unable to refrain, bounded over to Eddard and smiled down at him winningly. "Lord, is it? Such a title, and so befitting one of your... erm... stature. I trust you are quite skilled with the use of your weapons, enough to make those you would impale cry out."

"Minhea," Radu warned him, certain he'd had the conversation regarding his penchant for double entendre and its lack of appropriateness in mixed company.

"Pray forgive, Uncle," Min smiled, clearly not at all sorry. "I merely thought to inquire after this ones skill with his weapon. In case it should be given leave for employment, you understand."

Matthias, who'd seated himself near Rowanna and Mirzan, snickered appreciatively.

"Enough, Min," Radu warned.

Min held his hands up in mock surrender, retreating quickly to his younger brothers side and welcoming a serving girl into his lap.

"Would you take refreshment now?" the serving girl cooed.

Min smiled wickedly in response, clearly considering it.

"He's had all he requires for the moment, miss," Radu answered for him, his eyes narrowing in warning to his nephew. "Perhaps you could see to the others of our party?"

Pouting prettily, the serving girl rose. "As you wish, your highness," she answered Radu, then went on about her work.

"Uncle, I protest! You are cruel." Min laughed. Rising, he shrugged and stated, "If you will all excuse me, then, I believe that I shall assist Master Nopalo in questioning those we found in his woods, if I'm to be permitted no recreation here." Bowing to the assemblage then with a smirk, he made his way into the kitchens to aid their host.
Prince
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post  Naitachel Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:25 am

Terhon didn't hesitate. He brought his prey to the kitchen, blatantly ignoring Eddard and the General as if they didn't exist. After all, he was busy disposing of his prey's remains. Besides which, their attention to him seemed brief, mainly focused on other interests. On gliding back to the main room to stand quietly near Shayori, he was in time to hear Min's remarks as pass him on his way out. He huffed softly, slightly amused. Human mating games. They didn't interest him as much, and so long as they didn't attempt to involve him directly.

The General eyed Terhon warily, clearly not certain what the creature was, but on watching his demeanor a couple minutes relaxed his grip on his blade. He could guess that Terhon had no interest in them and no stake in their chosen targets. However, the creature was not something he wanted to provoke lightly.

He then turned his attention to Radu, who had taken stance near Naitachel, and bowed with a slow smirk. "Well met! I am Lord General Duke Haymar Sartoshi. Prince, is it? Of royal blood I take it. And a family resemblance..." His steely gaze wandered over the vampires thoughtfully, appraising and taking in the pale features. "Quite striking, I must admit. Doesn't carry to Lady Soraya or Naitachel here, though. So they're just friends of yours? By the way, you've met Baron Victor or some of the others in the area, then? You absolutely must, the Dragon Clan still being the holders of the localized territory outside Nopalo's boarders, even if they are a bit scattered. I have to ask--keeps the peace around here, keeping social formalities like that."

Leaning closer to the Seraph, he gave Radu a mischievous grin, then turned that same expression down at the Seraph. "So, then, they've been a friendly escort on your way here, am I right? Seems a polite bunch, if witty. I can see why you joined up with them."

The Seraph glanced up at Radu's arrival by his side and flashed the vampire a welcoming smile. <Some persistent wooing would be the best description, I believe. Perhaps more persistent than is welcomed... by far,> he answered quietly. The angel edged slightly--and what he hoped was subtly--away from the General.

"They are most kindly as a whole, and have been wonderful escorts in this trip. We are all good friends by now," Naitachel answered the General cheerfully. "And so we continue to keep company together. In fact, I cannot imagine better."
Naitachel
Naitachel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Prince Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:07 pm

Naitachel wrote:Terhon didn't hesitate. He brought his prey to the kitchen, blatantly ignoring Eddard and the General as if they didn't exist. After all, he was busy disposing of his prey's remains. Besides which, their attention to him seemed brief, mainly focused on other interests. On gliding back to the main room to stand quietly near Shayori, he was in time to hear Min's remarks as pass him on his way out. He huffed softly, slightly amused. Human mating games. They didn't interest him as much, and so long as they didn't attempt to involve him directly.

"Welcome back," Shayori greeted Terhon with a smile, edging toward him. She laughed out loud at Min's antics, shaking her head.

Naitachel wrote: The General eyed Terhon warily, clearly not certain what the creature was, but on watching his demeanor a couple minutes relaxed his grip on his blade. He could guess that Terhon had no interest in them and no stake in their chosen targets. However, the creature was not something he wanted to provoke lightly.

He then turned his attention to Radu, who had taken stance near Naitachel, and bowed with a slow smirk. "Well met! I am Lord General Duke Haymar Sartoshi. Prince, is it? Of royal blood I take it. And a family resemblance..." His steely gaze wandered over the vampires thoughtfully, appraising and taking in the pale features. "Quite striking, I must admit. Doesn't carry to Lady Soraya or Naitachel here, though. So they're just friends of yours? By the way, you've met Baron Victor or some of the others in the area, then? You absolutely must, the Dragon Clan still being the holders of the localized territory outside Nopalo's boarders, even if they are a bit scattered. I have to ask--keeps the peace around here, keeping social formalities like that."

Radu gave a slight nod, indicating he had indeed met the Baron. "I have family attending to the good Baron for the night. We shall speak to him at greater length on the morrow." He saw no need to elaborate further regarding the current heirarchy, or monarchy as it were. He himself remained unsure the idea was the most prudent before knowing more of where these men truly stood..

Naitachel wrote: Leaning closer to the Seraph, he gave Radu a mischievous grin, then turned that same expression down at the Seraph. "So, then, they've been a friendly escort on your way here, am I right? Seems a polite bunch, if witty. I can see why you joined up with them."

The Seraph glanced up at Radu's arrival by his side and flashed the vampire a welcoming smile. <Some persistent wooing would be the best description, I believe. Perhaps more persistent than is welcomed... by far,> he answered quietly. The angel edged slightly--and what he hoped was subtly--away from the General.

"They are most kindly as a whole, and have been wonderful escorts in this trip. We are all good friends by now," Naitachel answered the General cheerfully. "And so we continue to keep company together. In fact, I cannot imagine better."

Radu smiled softly at Naitachel's words. Were he capable of blushing, he likely would have. As it was, he placed a hand on Naitachel's shoulder and stepped forward, placing himself subtly between the General and the Seraph. "Nor can I." he admitted quietly.
Prince
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post  Soraya Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:14 pm

Eddard laughed as he watched Minhea's clear intentions be waylaid by Radu. He returned his gaze to Vlad and winked broadly at the Prince, obviously amused.

"Well, it seems we really should thank you for bringing such... intrigue our way." Soraya shivered, knowing fully-well what Eddard meant by, "intrigue."

The young lord, unbothered by Soraya's reactions, pressed on. "I am sure we will spend much time getting to know each other." Laughing again, and despite Vlad's proximity, Eddard took the redhead's hand one more time and kissed it.

"I must admit, I am tired. As the General mentioned, we have been on patrol, and there is much work yet to be done. Perhaps I should retire this evening." He conspicuously glanced back toward where the serving girl with whom Min had been flirting. "I fear I will excuse myself. But pray," he said, his voice rising as he addressed Naitachel and the rest of the group as well in this last statement, "if you should need anything, let us know. We will certainly be more than obliged to be of service. In fact, I will make it a point to check in with you all personally on the morrow to ensure your continued comfort."

Before anyone could respond, Eddard bowed grandly then headed off toward where his room was, though not before he brushed against the serving maid gently on his way out.

Soraya grimaced and visibly relaxed as Eddard disappeared from sight. "What a..." she began, before realizing the General was still within earshot (not to mention that what she had been about to say was rather unladylike). She conspicuously cleared her throat and allowed some of her red locks to fall before her face to cover the blush that had grown in her cheeks.

After a few moments, she allowed herself to move a little further from Vlad, despite her internal protests to the movement. "My apologies," she told him, "I pray you do not think I was being too familiar." She glanced up at him apologetically. "I simply thought perhaps he would take some sort of hint. Sadly, it did not seem to have worked," the redhead grimaced, glancing in the direction Eddard had gone. The truth was that she enjoyed being this close to her vampire, but she didn't want him to think her improper, either.

She sighed, then bit her lower lip thoughtfully. "Well, I am sure he will be dissuaded soon enough."

With a smile, the Soraya forced herself to change the subject. "What is the baron like?" she asked Radu, unaware of the situation that had happened in the woods. "Will we be meeting him soon as well?"

Soraya
Soraya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Prince Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:02 pm

Vlad smiled down at Soraya, saying quietly, "I assure you, I did not mind. Not at all. In fact... if you would permit me... I should be most happy to aid you in any future attempts to dissuade any attentions but my own."

"We shall have our man Xander accompany both you and Naitachel during daytime hours, if you like. I do not doubt him capable of discouraging any undesired attempts at familiarity," Radu offered both Soraya and Naitachel.

"...only until we can rejoin you, of course," Vlad was quick to add. He knew he was being terribly forward and presumptuous, but could not seem to resist.

Radu almost smiled at his nephew and the stunning young woman he made no effort to hide his interest in. At her question, he shrugged slightly. "I have no doubt you shall meet him soon enough, Miss. I fear he and his own have suffered great losses of late, and we share in his grief. It may well fall to us, at least myself and my own, to render aid."
Prince
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post  Naitachel Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:55 am

The General couldn't help a slight, amused smirk at Soraya's near-slip. He knew Eddard was forward and a bit aggressive in his approach, and certainly relentless. Granted, the young man usually won what and who he set his heart on. He was used to success and getting his way. So a challenge like this was good, both for Eddard and this rival, Vlad. And, perhaps Miss Soraya as well, being a prize of merit. It would be amusing and interesting to watch things develop. But of course, he'd be siding with his protege. So he'd have to pass on the warning that his advances were not deemed so favorable by being so firm. Perhaps a little more refinement should be suggested, though certainly no less determination.

Still, he had to head off to bed, too. Especially as his own bed already had plans for tonight. "Well, best I follow my protege's example and call it a night, as we have patrols tomorrow still and I must finish escorting Lady Saffron to her destination. By the way, Master Nopalo, as usual you and all under your roof are cordially invited to attend my Fall Ball during the Harvest Fair next week in town. If need be, I can offer accommodations to whoever needs them at my castle as well. So yes, everyone is invited! It should be wonderful, better than last year!"

Turning to Radu, he had noted the pale man's intercession between him and his own new target. Not that it daunted the General in the least. In fact, his eyes lit up, and he offered the vampire a modest bow at the waist politely. "Well met, Prince Radu," he offered, clever and observant enough to have caught the servants' words earlier and other such hints. "Please pass my regards and condolences to the Baron when you next see him. Prince Arpad was a noble man, and one can only hope his replacement will live up to such an example when the position is finally filled again. Of course, being the local peacekeeper, I have to remain neutral in this feud between the House of Dragon and the Nightwind Pack, but his loss is a sad one all the same."

He reached past Radu to follow Eddard's example an snag a slender hand and bent to kiss it with a ticklish brush of beard. For all his captive's squirming, he retained a hold with what appeared to be gentle ease. "And very well met, Naitachel. Preferably in the morning I would like to check on your welfare. Just in case you, too, need escort onward like Lady Saffron. By all means, we should meet again and further discuss things at leisure sometime--but you hardly need an escort because of me, being a capable fellow in your own right. Until morning, then!"

With a wink and a smile, he let go, then turned and headed out. As he reached the door, the smile became a knowing, sly smirk. Oh, the General was looking forward to facing off against Radu in this pursuit! This was the best and most pleasant challenge he'd had in years!

Naitachel rubbed his freed hand with his other one on being released. It hadn't hurt, not really, but that grip was like a vise! And that comment about not needing an escort rubbed the wrong way, prodding the Seraph's male pride. He blushed warmly as he looked down on his hand, embarrassed. After that comment in public, he could hardly accept an escort, even if he felt he needed one--which he didn't. "I... thank you, Radu, but I do not think I need someone assigned to accompany me. I have managed on my own for centuries as it is. But I appreciate the offer and the kindly thought."

Speaking of kindly thoughts, he couldn't help a slight smile on hearing the vampires were going to help out their devastated brethren. Well, having good friends native to the area should do them good, considering the entire party was in strange and new lands. Plus it might help with the loneliness and isolation many of them seemed to suffer. <It sounds as though you and your family have made a friend of this Baron Victor,> the angel observed with gentle approval. <I am glad for you. You all need more such firm friends.>

For all it made Naitachel feel a bit more lonely himself, he approved and applauded it. He was only a friend himself, right?

Looking up, Nait stood and stretched, extending arms overhead and tail shaking out beneath his robes. "Well, I should go for a brief flight before meditating again."
Naitachel
Naitachel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soraya Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:22 pm

A further sigh of relief escaped Soraya's lips at the sight of the General's retreating back. She managed to bite back further comment that rose to her lips, this time on behalf of Naitachel. It wasn't worth making a bigger fuss than was being made by complaining about it now. Particularly not when it was clear the Prince family was already feeling somewhat put out by the situation themselves. She hardly wanted to be seen as a burden, particularly when it seemed they already had so much on their plates.

Prince wrote:"We shall have our man Xander accompany both you and Naitachel during daytime hours, if you like. I do not doubt him capable of discouraging any undesired attempts at familiarity," Radu offered both Soraya and Naitachel.

Naitachel wrote: "I... thank you, Radu, but I do not think I need someone assigned to accompany me. I have managed on my own for centuries as it is. But I appreciate the offer and the kindly thought."

"I should hate to be of bother. Poor Xander likely hardly gets any rest as it is," she concurred with the seraph. "I am sure they will have their own tasks to see to during the day time - I doubt they will be of much bother. Particularly if he is busy with organizing this Harvest Faire." She knew it was likely best to avoid the event, if Eddard and the General were to attend, but her curiosity was admittedly piqued by the idea of attending. After all of their hardship, it may do their group good to be able to go enjoy themselves at such an event.

The redhead smiled at Vlad, thinking of the fun and mischief they could have together at this event. Realizing she was staring, she quickly looked away, toward the fire in the hearth. She expected to enjoy its warmth again now that the unpleasantness of the evening seemed to have passed. Instead, it sent a strange, cold shiver down her back, as it seemed to threaten to dislodge something from her memory.

Soraya swallowed the unease forcefully and returned to the conversation just as Naitachel announced his intention to go for a short flight.

"It will likely be good to return to the skies after such a long journey," she smiled at him, though another thought occurred to her. She was torn herself between needing some fresh air and wanting to give in to her body's exhaustion, despite her earlier laziness. It seemed her all-too-human body would take a few days to recover from their journeying yet.

Last edited by Soraya on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Soraya
Soraya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikki Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:34 pm

Prince wrote:
Naitachel wrote:Terhon didn't hesitate. He brought his prey to the kitchen, blatantly ignoring Eddard and the General as if they didn't exist. After all, he was busy disposing of his prey's remains. Besides which, their attention to him seemed brief, mainly focused on other interests. On gliding back to the main room to stand quietly near Shayori, he was in time to hear Min's remarks as pass him on his way out. He huffed softly, slightly amused. Human mating games. They didn't interest him as much, and so long as they didn't attempt to involve him directly.

"Welcome back," Shayori greeted Terhon with a smile, edging toward him. She laughed out loud at Min's antics, shaking her head.

Still perched on Shayori's shoulder, Mikki puffed herself up. How could he have killed the poor thing? She tittered unhappily into Shayori's ear, determined to have her opinion heard. She was, after all, what one might consider a herbivore... and if she could survive on algae and plants, why couldn't Terhon?

With vampires and Mara and talk of werewolves, there was far too much darkness in this room for this little sprite's comfort. Frustrated, she randomly selected a bowl of soup and toppled it onto the table, hoping that would get her unhappiness across. The poor patron to whom it belonged wasn't a member of their group and, given his yelp, was clearly surprised, but the pixie was pleased to see that much of the splatter landed on one of the vampires.

With a self-satisfied giggle, Mikki lunged back under Shayori's hair for cover.
Mikki
Mikki

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next