The Land of Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dinner - getting acquainted

+7
Sihlus
Prince
Marcabru
Naitachel
Rowanna
Mirzan
Soraya
11 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Dinner - getting acquainted - Page 2 Empty Re: Dinner - getting acquainted

Post  Shayori Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:37 am

"Hmm? Wha'?" Shayori mumbled sleepily, sitting up and rubbing her eyes. "What'r'you talking about?" she asked, confused. "Do what?"
Shayori
Shayori
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sihlus Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:42 am

Briefly, he explained what had happened. "I never saw anything like it. What were you dreaming about? You seemed so... determined... and the way the fire flared up...."
Sihlus
Sihlus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shayori Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:48 am

Shayori shook her head. "I wasn't dreaming anything. I don't dream. I never really have, and even if I did, I couldn't..." She rolled her eyes. "Very funny. You almost had me going." She kissed his cheek. "Give me five minutes and we shall join the others to eat. I'm famished!" She hurried to wash up.
Shayori
Shayori
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sihlus Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:00 am

"But..." He sighed in resignation. He didn't know much about women, but he knew not to reason with one when she was hungry. There would be time to take this up later, when she was more in the mood to listen.

When Shayori emerged from the bathroom, he greeted her with a kiss, then took his turn at washing up. Arm in arm they descended the stairs and entered the common room finding seats at the table with the others.

Sihlus
Sihlus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikki Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:39 pm

At the sound of Shayori's voice, Mikki rose from her own sleep as well. It was cramped, sleeping here, and the pixie found that she needed to stretch thoroughly, first each of her legs individually, then her arms and back, followed by a good stretch of her wings. She missed sleeping in the forest already, amidst the foliage, rejuvenated by the morning dew, taking a good dunk in a nearby stream or river whenever she needed it.

Instead she was stuck dozing inside a washbasin with a bit of well-drawn water. It would do, but it wasn't ideal.

Still, she wasn't about to leave Shayori, the first human she had actually liked in a long time, alone with those two. There was also a angel here, a creature of light the likes of which she hadn't seen in a very, very long time. And even if she was, it had become a matter of pride not to see the other one and the dark ones chase her off.

Besides, she had to keep reminding herself that here, she was in the midst of their kind, and that gave her the perfect vantage point from which to have some fun.

Yet strangely enough, she didn't quite feel up to fun right now. With a final flutter of her wings for good measure, the pixie finally tuned in to the conversation being had between Shayori and the other one.

Shayori wrote:Shayori shook her head. "I wasn't dreaming anything. I don't dream. I never really have, and even if I did, I couldn't..." She rolled her eyes. "Very funny. You almost had me going." She kissed his cheek. "Give me five minutes and we shall join the others to eat. I'm famished!" She hurried to wash up.

It sounded like he was trying to tell her stories of some sort, though the pixie was proud of Shayori's resolve. Mikki perched upon Shayori's shoulder as she emerged from the bathroom and bristled visibly at Sihlus, just to ensure he didn't think her nap had changed her opinion of him.

There she remained as Shayori and Sihlus walked them downstairs.
Mikki
Mikki

Back to top Go down

Post  Terhon the BlackSilver Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:05 pm

The Mara ghosted back within the main room from having been outside a-hunting, just in time to catch Shayori and Sihlus (and Mikki) coming down. He slid into a shadowed corner, content to remain there and out of the way of patrons and other party members alike... a shadow-figure among shadows, a ghost lingering in the corner of one's vision, unmoving. His presence, he knew, tended to be somewhat unnerving for most folk. To be in the midst of activity was simply asking to cause trouble with the inn's servers and staff.

And besides, it kept curiosity nicely at bay. Terhon wasn't fond of questions, much as he wasn't fond of Light-natured sprites.

<Hunting here is good,> he observed dispassionately to all. <A few other hunters about, however, to add some pleasant competition, and to be a worthy toy to face later, perhaps.>

The other hunters would make sure he wasn't bored. That was a nice perk. Terhon was looking forward to slapping a few weres with his wings, or slashing a local vampire or two. They were fun to oppose and test his hunting skills on, for all they were inedible themselves. They were so far wary of him, it seemed, but not exactly thrilled at his presence in this, their fought-over territory. Him joining into what was already a competition was certain to cause some conflicts.

Terhon had a feeling adding the Princes to the mix was certain to inflame that even further.
Terhon the BlackSilver
Terhon the BlackSilver

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcabru Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:12 pm

Soraya wrote:At Naitachel's questions, her ears perked. Indeed, she herself had not realized there were other musicians in the group, and she couldn't help but smile secretly at Naitachel (and Radu's) enjoyment of each other's company, though neither seemed to have considered further possibilities. Yet. "Yes, who else in our group may we try to persuade to join in the music?" she queried.
The troubadour smiled. "Our friend Naitachel himself, for one," he replied, nodding deferentially to the Seraph, "although his talents are so - ah - persuasive, nay, one might properly say compelling, that it would be well to hold him in reserve for the final performance of the evening. All else would pale before his voice, as some of us have had the opportunity to observe. As for others," he took a sip of brandy before continuing, "Mirzan plays the flute quite well indeed, although he is somewhat reticent about performing in public. Among friends, however, I have little doubt that he might be forthcoming."

He turned to Vlad with a cheery smile. "As for the Prince family, I much misdoubt that one could achieve to such advanced years without becoming proficient in a number of disciplines, including music... in defense against boredom, if nothing else, eh, my friend?"
Marcabru
Marcabru
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Prince Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:32 am

Vlad smiled, shrugging. "We've each learned an instrument or two, yes. And voice," he admitted. "It was once thought to be part of the training of a proper noble that you learn such things, that you might make satisfactory music to the God you worship and defend." With a low laugh, he added, "We are not, however, performers."
Prince
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcabru Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:51 am

Prince wrote:Vlad smiled, shrugging. "We've each learned an instrument or two, yes. And voice," he admitted. "It was once thought to be part of the training of a proper noble that you learn such things, that you might make satisfactory music to the God you worship and defend." With a low laugh, he added, "We are not, however, performers."
Nodding in acquiescence, Marcabru replied, "Understood, milord, considering your - ah - retiring style of life. One might hope, however, that you would be willing to share a song or two with your friends in a quiet informal setting?"
Marcabru
Marcabru
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Prince Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:56 am

Vlad laughed out loud at that. "Indeed, friend Marcabru, in such a setting it is possible one or more of us might be persuaded."
Prince
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post  Soraya Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:51 am

"Really? I had no idea," Soraya answered, truly pleased at the revelation that so many in their group nurtured hidden musical talents. It made her vaguely wonder if perhaps she had some talent of her own, hidden away somewhere. "Unfortunately, I fear that I will be forced to merely sit and listen," she confided, hardly about to stand in front of a crowd to test her theory that she might, "but I look forward to seeing all that you have to offer."

This last, she spoke when she looked at Vlad, smiling.

"Good evening," she then greeted the newcomers at their table, namely Sihlus and Shayori, while doing her best to suppress a shudder at the dark presence that ghosted in with them.
Soraya
Soraya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Naitachel Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:01 am

Naitachel gave Marcabru a small but graceful bow from his stool at the bar in return for the ackowledgement and praise, face flushing faintly in embarrassment. It gave his gold-hued skin a bit more of a vibrant glow. "I would very gladly let others take the lead in singing tonight. I have not too oft had the good fortune of listening to others sing or play in this world. Though I suppose 'singing for my supper' so to speak is not such a bad thing, considering what Rowanna and Mirzan were saying of Master Noplao's cooking?"

He waved and smiled as Sihlus and Shayori and Terhon joined them. "Welcome back!" he called to them cheerfully.
Naitachel
Naitachel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shayori Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:52 am

"Thank you," Shayori responded. "Now, if one would kindly point me toward the food I should be most grateful."
Shayori
Shayori
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nopalo Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:17 am

Nopalo's peg leg was heard thumping down the stairs and through the foyer. He was mopping his brow as usual as he stumped across the common room to the adventurers' table. "Ah, 'tis glad I am t' see ye, old friends and new friends both. If ye'll wait just a moment, I'll be havin' the girls take yer orders." Stumping back into the kitchen, he raised his voice to its normal level: "All right, girls, let's be havin' a couple o' ye out there takin' care of our friends. Quickly, now... " Now another voice was heard, higher pitched, growing ever louder as Nopalo's faded to a mumble. Moments later the kitchen door swung open and he emerged, walking more slowly now. He hung his head sheepishly as he approached the table.

"Aye, well, Molly's informed me that ye've already ordered th' family style meal, an' suggested I might be gettin' yer preferences about what kind o' meat ye'd like t' go with it." He pulled a tattered notebook and a stub of pencil out of his pocket, licked the pencil point, and prepared to write their orders.
Nopalo
Nopalo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Naitachel Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:29 am

Naitachel blushed a bit scarlet, and his tail curled more tightly against his stool under his robes, his wings slicking against his spine. Embarrassed and a touch ashamed, the Seraph asked Nopalo, "Master Nopalo, if I may... I have few needs, and no money. Might I sing for my stay and any meals, if I reside down here in the main room? I eat little, and no meat, at that. And my tea I might brew myself, with merely access to the well or pipe and the main fire."
Naitachel
Naitachel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nopalo Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:50 am

The rotund innkeeper chuckled. "Aye, lad, ye're welcome t' sing as much an' as long as yer heart desires, but not for yer room an' board. I've received orders t' put you in th' Master Suite, an' t' include yer tab on Prince Radu's account. He said ye was one o' the family, an' fer me t' be treatin' ye as such." He licked the pencil again. "Now, if ye're not wantin' meat, that's fine. Ye'll have more room for a piece o' the good apple pie I've baked this day."

Turning to the others, he took their orders and retreated to the bar, where he gave the notebook page to a barmaid and sent her into the kitchen with it. Soon a parade of serving wenches emerged from the kitchen and covered the table with all manner of vegetables, fruits, breads and cheeses. They were followed closely by another procession, this time bearing platters with a variety of meats, which they set down before each diner. Nopalo approached with a grin as wide as a dinner plate. "If ye think there's something missing, just you be lettin' us know. If we can't find it in the larder, we'll have it by tomorrow night. Oh, an' be sure t' save room fer dessert." Laughing, he stumped away to check on his other customers, who were beginning to fill the common room.

Nopalo
Nopalo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mirzan Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:50 am

Mirzan smiled as the party dug into their food. The pleasure that appeared on various faces at Nopalo's culinary achievements was something else to watch, especially for first-timers. And when the pie came out... it was something to oooo and ahhhh over, all right! Delicious!

Mirzan cleared his own plate, then sat back and put his feet up on a stool, watching everyone else. Snap scurried down the stairs and up onto the table beside him. She chirped once, a bit disappointed at finding no vermin to hunt, then set to cleaning off some roast pork he'd left for her on his plate.

"Well, that's a satisfying end to a long day, I think. Tomorrow, I can move Nip to a better location, we can settle our gear and start unpacking... Another busy day, I'm sure, but it's nice to be settling finally," he mused.
Mirzan
Mirzan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rowanna Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:59 am

Rowanna took her tea and considered the food before then, swallowing hard as the smell of it reached her. Her stomach lurched in protest. She swallowed again, drawing a steadying breath, then sipped more tea. Reluctantly, she took a bit of the fruit, and a bread roll to start with, nibbling at the edge of it, hoping it would help settle her enough to eat something more. She needed to manage something, she knew, if she were to calm Mirzan's concern.
Rowanna
Rowanna
Admin

https://thelandofdragons.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Naitachel Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:10 am

Naitachel nibbled a bit here and there, some bread and veggies, not a great deal, but more thoughtful than hungry. He felt a twinge of guilt that his friend was footing his bill, and so he was not inclined to eat much, especially as he had no true need to eat. Yet the pie was tempting, and truly he had no wish to disappoint their host, so the angel indulged just as heartily on it as the others.

He did note Rowanna's unease, and how Mirzan was watching her with concern. Was she not feeling well? The Seraph had no wish to intrude on the pair by asking, especially as Mirzan was rather protective of Rowanna. So he held his peace, for now...
Naitachel
Naitachel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soraya Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:16 am

The others had not been exaggerating when they had said Nopalo's food was amazing. Not to mention his pies.

Soraya sat back and patted her stomach contentedly, knowing she had likely made herself seem almost swine-like in the amount of food that she ate, but it had all been so good. Not to mention that it was the first real meal she had had in what felt like ages.

"If we are served this sort of meal every night, I fear you may find yourself faced with a much rounder version of me," she teased Vlad. "You very well may be forced to roll me up the stairs as it is."

She smiled at Mirzan's musings herself, nodding in agreement. She had noticed that Rowanna was still doing little more than nibbling, but she was resolving herself to not stick her nose where it was unwanted. She was sure she and Rowanna would have a chance to talk later, and the dark-haired woman could bring it up then, if she felt the need.

"Perhaps some music is in order after all," she suggested mildly. "Entertainment, and even dancing, may help us work out some of that extra food we all just ingested."
Soraya
Soraya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Prince Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:33 am

Vlad indulged in a bit of everything, enjoying the taste of the savory dishes, though he passed on the sweets. He laughed at Soraya's exclamation. "All the more of you to enjoy," He smiled.

Radu arrived just in time to hear the call for entertainment. He silently seated himself beside Naitachel, content just to be in pleasant company.

Min, for his part, was across the room, chatting with three serving wenches. All were laughing, and one seemed to be blushing at something he'd said.
Prince
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post  Naitachel Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:48 am

Naitachel looked over at Radu as he joined them and blushed faintly, folding hands held together in his lap neatly before shifting his gaze down to them in embarrassment... feeling a bit shy about what he was about to say. He did not wish to offend his friend, but he did feel a bit indebted and hoped there might be some way to return the favor sometime.

"I... I must thank you. I have not any money to pay my stay here, and Master Nopalo just informed me that you were aiding in that on my behalf. I truly appreciate it. If there is aught I might do to repay you, please let me know. I feel very much in your debt otherwise..." the Seraph admitted sheepishly, smiling hesitantly as he dared look up again, just glad to have gotten that out.
Naitachel
Naitachel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Prince Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:57 am

"Indebted?" Radu looked confused, and perhaps a bit hurt at the thought. "You owe me nothing. Yet, if you would repay it, only allow me the pleasure of your company at times, as you have thus far. Permit me these moments of serenity in your presence. I could ask for nothing more."
Prince
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcabru Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:06 am

Marcabru wasted no time, but joined the others in depredations on the bowls and platters. It had been entirely too long since they had tasted any food of this quality. "Friends, I challenge anyone to dispute my earlier comments regarding Nopalo's cookery. Is there a taker?" From around the table came a chorus of headshakes and muffled denials, as everyone was too busy eating to reply intelligibly. Finally finished, he eyed a second piece of pie doubtfully. "My palate entreats, but my stomach warns, 'Do not so much as consider it.' I fear I must obey my stomach, though sorely tempted."
Soraya wrote:"Perhaps some music is in order after all," she suggested mildly. "Entertainment, and even dancing, may help us work out some of that extra food we all just ingested."
The troubadour laughed. "My fears have come to pass. You intend to hold me to my previous promise, do you not? Well-a-day, my dear, music you desire, and music you shall have. Friend Mirzan, have you your flute nearby? I recall a tune on which you and I collaborated some years past, and would fain play it again." He dug into his bag and pulled out a lute, quickly tuning its 11 strings and playing a soft arpeggio. "I have a number of various instruments, should anyone wish to play," he said.
Marcabru
Marcabru
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mirzan Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:22 am

"I always have it handy," Mirzan admitted with a slow smile. He reached into a pouch on his belt behind his blade and pulled out a simple and plain wooden flute. "You may have to start the tune for me, though. I'm not sure I remember how it goes. For all I keep carrying my flute on me, I haven't had much chance to play it lately."
Mirzan
Mirzan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum